Sediment - learn more
- When were the reservoirs considered to be filled in?
- How much sediment would actually need to be removed from Lake George/Louise under optimal dam removal conditions and how much sediment could be locked in place through vegetation and other stormwater management actions/design?
- Is there any human health risk associated with placing reservoir sediment in the river corridor?
- If the dams are removed, how does sediment from that activity compare to the erosion entering the river from cropland erosion?
- Removing both dams will put more sediment in Lake St. Croix. What will be done about this issue?
- If the makeup of the sediment is sand/gravel, is it possible that there is a market where this might be sold for construction and provide cost offset?
- How much sediment would be released from the river channel under optimal dam removal conditions?
- How much of the sediment can be sequestered in the river corridor without hauling out for placement elsewhere?