The dams prevent fish passage today. In a dam removal scenario, the natural cascades in the Kinni are expected to continue to serve as barrier to upstream fish migration.
Don’t the dams now, and restored waterfalls with dams removed, prevent upstream fish passage?
River Ecology - learn more
- How do the dams impact the ecology of the river?
- How common are cold water streams are in this region?
- How does the uniqueness of the Kinni affect the value of restoring the river ecosystem?
- Don’t the dams now, and restored waterfalls with dams removed, prevent upstream fish passage?
- Is upstream movement of invasive species really an issue with dam removal?
- What are the negative impacts of our dams on the ecology of the river including fish, fowl, and other river/lake wildlife?
- Are there any positive impacts of our dams on river ecology?
- If you were to decide whether or not to remove the dams solely on environment impact, would you keep or remove OUR dams?
- Should we spend millions to clean up the Kinni only to see it later re-contaminated in 20-30 years?