The reservoirs that the dams create – Lake George and Lake Louise – represent habitat diversity that benefits wildlife specifically.
Are there any positive impacts of our dams on river ecology?
River Ecology - learn more
- How do the dams impact the ecology of the river?
- How common are cold water streams are in this region?
- How does the uniqueness of the Kinni affect the value of restoring the river ecosystem?
- Don’t the dams now, and restored waterfalls with dams removed, prevent upstream fish passage?
- Is upstream movement of invasive species really an issue with dam removal?
- What are the negative impacts of our dams on the ecology of the river including fish, fowl, and other river/lake wildlife?
- Are there any positive impacts of our dams on river ecology?
- If you were to decide whether or not to remove the dams solely on environment impact, would you keep or remove OUR dams?
- Should we spend millions to clean up the Kinni only to see it later re-contaminated in 20-30 years?