The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources would regulate the construction a new dam regardless of location. Other local, state and federal Agencies would also be involved including FERC who would approve the hydroelectric facilities through their licensing process. That said, it is unlikely that any dam could be constructed today on a Class I trout stream.
If these dams did not exist, would FERC approve building dams in these locations?
Hydroelectric Facilities - learn more
- If these dams did not exist, would FERC approve building dams in these locations?
- Are the relicensing costs included in the City's preliminary financial analysis?
- There opportunities for other upgrades to the generators to increase their capacity to further increase the value of the dams?
- Should we keep the hydros so we can power our community in the situation where our major power source is cut off for some reason?
- What is the historic value of the hydro facilities? Is the original dam historic i.e. National Historic Register?