It is both smart and practical for the City to have the ability to provide some power to the community if there is an interruption in the primary power supplies to the City.
Should we keep the hydros so we can power our community in the situation where our major power source is cut off for some reason?
Hydroelectric Facilities - learn more
- If these dams did not exist, would FERC approve building dams in these locations?
- Are the relicensing costs included in the City's preliminary financial analysis?
- There opportunities for other upgrades to the generators to increase their capacity to further increase the value of the dams?
- Should we keep the hydros so we can power our community in the situation where our major power source is cut off for some reason?
- What is the historic value of the hydro facilities? Is the original dam historic i.e. National Historic Register?